If you have an interest in wood crafts or turning and you are not sure if joining a local club would benefit you, please come along to one of our meetings as a guest
(no charge) to see what we do and how we operate. Don Golding, who is our membership secretary, can be contacted by using the contact form on the 'contact us' page, and he will only be to pleased to inform you of the date and time of the next meeting. You will be allowed to attend
two evening meetings free of charge, to help you decide about joining. The all day demonstrations will incur a fee.
Membership costs £41 per calendar year. Made up of £20 club membership and £21 membership of the AWGB. (Association of Woodturners of Great Britain ) What do you receive for
The AWGB offers members the following benefits
- A National body to look after
the best interests of all woodturners
- Many excellent Branches
throughout the UK
- The help and fellowship of both
amateur and professional members
- A training programme offering a
range of support to assist members improve their capabilities
Click here for details
- Displays of members work and
advice centres at major exhibitions
- Four magazine issues each year
full of useful and interesting information
- Discounts at a wide range of
- Over 50 active branches
throughout the UK giving fellowship support and advice
- A major international seminar
every two years
- Regional demonstrations and
activities run by our branches
- Support for members from out
- Comprehensive and cost effective
insurance schemes for public liability and workshop contents
Click here for details
- Loan of Association lathes to
- Sponsorship Scheme for younger
offers members the following benefits
- Seven evening demonstrations by
Professional or very experienced people with knowledge of wood products or woodturning.
- Two All Day Saturday
demonstrations by Professional and experienced turners.(because of high costs involved there is a fee for the all day demo's).
- A social evening including
the club challange competition (again a small fee)
- The help and support from fellow
members within the club.
- Displays of members work on the
gallery table at meetings.
- Six newsletter issues each year
full of useful and interesting information.
- FREE Tea, Coffee and biscuits at
- A well maintained Web-Site for
members to instantly access for full information.
- A comprehensive insurance scheme
for public liability for members.
- the opportunity to meet with
other members and share the interest of woodturning or wood associated subjects.